Welcome!

There are so many times when I feel things as a Mom that I wonder "Does anyone else feel this way?" This leads me to googling different aspects of motherhood, usually things like "angry mommy, cranky mommy, etc." It's sometimes hard to find things written by other mothers that mirror my emotions, so I thought, hey, what the heck, I'd start a blog. Maybe it'll only help me as I vent, or maybe at least one other person will read it and go "yeah, that's me!" and we can walk on, each of us refreshed, knowing that we're not alone in this.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Here We Go!

Well, today is my second day of being thirty. So far, so good! Yesterday was a great day - my mom watched the kids all afternoon, so I got to laze around town - I read a whole book in Barnes and Noble...without purchasing it! Ah, the life! And my sweet sister had all of her friends e-mail me birthday wishes, which was awesome.

But now...back to the mommyhood stuff. I've noticed that my kids seem to sense when I am distracted and when there's stuff that I'm trying to do or would rather be doing (instead of focusing 100% on them). When this happens, they start getting out of control and acting out, like they're trying to take advantage of the fact that I am not 100% there at the moment. I am pretty confident that they do this on purpose. Now, if I were to really analyze it, it may be because they need attention, or because they need to be disciplined in order to feel safe. Maybe my distraction makes them insecure, or something. But regardless, it's frustrating. We have reached that point today...the past week and a half has been filled with all kinds of fun stuff, and now, the natives are restless! Seriously, it's like we can't have TOO much fun, or it makes them rotten! They forget their manners, they get lazy, they start breaking rules...rules that have been in existence for a loooong time...and their attitudes get really stinky. SOOO...after all the birthday celebrations (my son's birthday was last week), I've got to bring in some military discipline and structure to get things back to normal. Have I mentioned that I'm not good at this? But, ay ay Captain - here we go. Let's get this decade started!

No comments: