Welcome!

There are so many times when I feel things as a Mom that I wonder "Does anyone else feel this way?" This leads me to googling different aspects of motherhood, usually things like "angry mommy, cranky mommy, etc." It's sometimes hard to find things written by other mothers that mirror my emotions, so I thought, hey, what the heck, I'd start a blog. Maybe it'll only help me as I vent, or maybe at least one other person will read it and go "yeah, that's me!" and we can walk on, each of us refreshed, knowing that we're not alone in this.

Thursday, September 6, 2007

In Him We Live

So this is me and my hunky husband. He's probably protesting the picture as I pose behind him with my eyes almost squinted shut. Sigh. Anyhoo, this is us, and I think we look kind of young, don't we? I mean...do we REALLY look like we're at the beginning of our thirties?
Is it too obvious that I haven't quite grasped how old I've become? I know my previous blog was about embracing this new period in my life, but as I found this picture, I was like, "Come on - REALLY?! Thirty?!". Well, regardless, that's how it is. Life goes on.

On another note, I was greatly encouraged this morning as I lamented not getting my quiet time before having to face the kids. Usually, I'm quite the cranky mommy unless I get some time to myself before starting our day together. However, I did get a few minutes to read some before heading to the kitchen to fix breakfast, and I read the verse "For it is in Him that we live and move and have our very being." (Acts 17:28). And I thought, "YES! That's it - my 'very being' is in Him, even when I don't get the time I want or need with Him in the mornings, even when my days are too full of running errands, homeschooling, etc. I can rest - and I can celebrate - because the only way I exist is that His breath of life is in me. How intimate is that?! The very breath I breathe - that comes through my nostrils - is His. It's proof of Him. It's Him, the very essence of Life, so intimately involved in every aspect of my BEING. I can worship Him as I simply live my life, because it's in Him that I live, move, and "am". Amen and amen.

No comments: