Welcome!

There are so many times when I feel things as a Mom that I wonder "Does anyone else feel this way?" This leads me to googling different aspects of motherhood, usually things like "angry mommy, cranky mommy, etc." It's sometimes hard to find things written by other mothers that mirror my emotions, so I thought, hey, what the heck, I'd start a blog. Maybe it'll only help me as I vent, or maybe at least one other person will read it and go "yeah, that's me!" and we can walk on, each of us refreshed, knowing that we're not alone in this.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

She's...Back

I'm sitting at the computer screen trying not to listen to my 5 month old screaming her head off in her infant seat. Poor baby, but at this point, there's nothing else I can do for her. She is so tired - she has to fall asleep! I just came from our weekly lifegroup meeting, where I led a discussion on the first two commandments and how sometimes, we can keep commandment #1 (worship the Lord your God and serve Him only) while violating #2 (don't set up for yourself an image - don't worship idols)...and here I am, ready to call it a day, ready to be done with my parenting responsibilities, and totally indulging myself (to decompress and pamper myself) with Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. That's right...sigh. I love the nighttime - the time when Erin The Mommy disappears and Erin The Woman gets to come out. Don't get me wrong - I really have been having a good time with my kids. In fact, the other day, I was like "WELL, I just don't even have anything to post on my blog these days because things are going so well and I am so on top of things!" AND...here I am. Back to being desperate and needy.

No comments: