Welcome!

There are so many times when I feel things as a Mom that I wonder "Does anyone else feel this way?" This leads me to googling different aspects of motherhood, usually things like "angry mommy, cranky mommy, etc." It's sometimes hard to find things written by other mothers that mirror my emotions, so I thought, hey, what the heck, I'd start a blog. Maybe it'll only help me as I vent, or maybe at least one other person will read it and go "yeah, that's me!" and we can walk on, each of us refreshed, knowing that we're not alone in this.

Friday, October 5, 2007

Hard Day

TGIF. I've been having such a great time with the kids that I've forgotten what a "hard day" looks like. But today brings it all back! I should have known it might be tricky b/c a friend of mine called this morning, right when we would normally be doing school, and it got me all off track. I was helping her with something, and the kids, sensing my preoccupation, slowly progressed to "out of control." I was only involved with her for about 15 minutes, but in that time period, all control went out the window and they were going crazy! It's so interesting how they sense when you are distracted and take full advantage of it. It's so frustrating! It took about 30 minutes for me to regain control and get things back to being peaceful! I don't know if it's because it's the end of the week, or because I'm feeling light-headed and having caffeine withdrawal, but my patience is thin and I'm really wishing to be by myself this morning. Sigh. The all-too-familiar feelings of motherhood that I'm not proud of. I was reading them a book this morning, and while my mouth was saying the words, my thoughts were elsewhere. I'm amazed by this ability - I'm sure I'm not the only one. But I was already planning how I was going to swing by the local coffee shop and get a frozen cappuccino. "I could call ahead, leave the kids in the car for a few seconds if I park right in front of the door, and then run in, grab my drug, and be on my way to a better mood!" Very tempting. I just might do it. I mean, the fact that I am trying to lose weight and will have to work out tonight for an hour just to burn off HALF of that drink is a small matter compared to the option of being in a good mood and not being so irritable. I rationalized to myself that maybe this is why mommies are so often "fluffy"...because we NEEEEEED these little pick-me-up's in order to maintain sanity. I'm thinking, "You know, I'll just try to lose this weight when my kids are older...when they're not so trying and when I won't NEED caffeine so badly." Sigh. What's the answer? I don't know. But I'll be honest...I'm headed to the coffee shop!

No comments: