Welcome!

There are so many times when I feel things as a Mom that I wonder "Does anyone else feel this way?" This leads me to googling different aspects of motherhood, usually things like "angry mommy, cranky mommy, etc." It's sometimes hard to find things written by other mothers that mirror my emotions, so I thought, hey, what the heck, I'd start a blog. Maybe it'll only help me as I vent, or maybe at least one other person will read it and go "yeah, that's me!" and we can walk on, each of us refreshed, knowing that we're not alone in this.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Road Block Ahead

So I've been thinking lately about the source of my frustration with my kids, and I've talked about this before, but I want to say again that it usually boils down to 2 things: 1) blocked goals, or 2) fear.

I think about most of the times I lose my cool with my kids, and it's over seemingly little things: getting out the door and loaded into the van when we're late, getting someone to stay in their beds and sleep, having a clean house, driving around town with peace and quiet, etc.. These are normal things, normal desires, for sure. But OH! Look out! Even the simplest one will be blocked and fought against. And this, THIS, is the infuriating part.

When I see celebrity moms or even moms around town who seem really "put together" and cool, I often wonder how they respond to the different situations that parenting inevitably brings. (i.e. daughter is supposed to be at school early. we're already late, and she can't find one of her shoes, and for some reason, no other shoe options exist) I just sometimes wish I could be a fly on the wall and see what goes down in other houses. Any celebrities out there wanna fill us in??

Anyhoo, I just think that any adult would be angry if his goals were constantly blocked. That is my chief frustration, at this point. You'd think I'd just give in and give up, but something in me keeps tenaciously insisting on getting my way. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but boy, some ugly words are getting said in the process, and did I mention I think I strained my vocal chords last week in an intensely passionte rant?

Sigh. Where are THESE topics in the motherhood books?!

No comments: