Welcome!

There are so many times when I feel things as a Mom that I wonder "Does anyone else feel this way?" This leads me to googling different aspects of motherhood, usually things like "angry mommy, cranky mommy, etc." It's sometimes hard to find things written by other mothers that mirror my emotions, so I thought, hey, what the heck, I'd start a blog. Maybe it'll only help me as I vent, or maybe at least one other person will read it and go "yeah, that's me!" and we can walk on, each of us refreshed, knowing that we're not alone in this.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Foundation of Thankfulness

So first of all, you know it's time to jump on the weight-loss bandwagon when your two-year-old asks you if there's still a baby in your tummy. Yeahhhhh...

Second of all, I had this sobering realization the other day that all THIS - meaning this family I've got - could change at any time. You never know what's around the corner, and I want to appreciate and enjoy every minute with these precious little kids of mine and with my awesome husband. Granted, there will definitely be minutes when I'm NOT enjoying my kids, but I want to still, even in the midst of the ugly, crazy nitty-gritty of child-rearing, have an underlying foundation of thankfulness for the gifts I've been given in these kids and in my family as a whole.

With this, though, I have to confess, I've had times when I'm like, "Oh, God, PLEASE don't let THIS be my last interaction with them!" and when my heart is REALLY hard, I tell myself, "Well, they'll be in Heaven and they'll understand why I was so mad at them..." Is that even funny? Don't know, but it's true. Hmm...

Anyhoo, we're off to a busy day, but I'm going to try and remember how blessed I am today...that children truly are "gifts from the Lord", as the Bible says.

No comments: